Home sweet home! You can't actually see our windows though because we live on an upper floor on the back side of the building.
Finding this place was an ordeal - I looked at over a dozen places and contacted dozens more before coming across this one! But it was well worth the wait :)
Comedor y cocina. The two doors lead to my roommate's room and the bathroom.
It may be small, but it works! And if you ever saw my last place...you know I'm cool with small. ;)
Baño complete with guacamayo painting on shower door.
Back through the dinning/living room...(love the dinning table and chairs, btw - they're typical of this area, made out of leather and wood.)
Aaaand my room. When I first moved in, I sat down on my blow-up mattress and looked around helplessly at 360 degrees of white. It's been over 7 years since I've lived in a room without color on the walls, and quite frankly, I don't know what to do with myself in an all white room. (Mom, Michele, Alba, and Mr. Michael Trudeau - you are all very much to blame.)
So I went out and bought one of each kind of plant they had for sale at the grocery store. Granted, I looked a little ridiculous coming home on the bus with a small forest growing out of the seat next to me...but if there's one thing you learn while living in a foreign country, it's how to be ok with looking ridiculous.
My mini herb garden! Hoping to rig up some sort of hanging garden, too...make the bars on my windows useful.
And the very best part of the house (and of living here in general) - my awesome roommate, Vanessa! Here we were laughing over the hours we'd spent on the phone with customer service trying to get our internet to work. Vanessa is such a gift from God - we have a lot in common and really enjoy living/hanging out together! In fact, I just got home from a big family party in the park for her brother's birthday today. Her grandma/aunts would not stop feeding me! (Not that I really protested or anything. ;)
Neighborhood pics coming soon!!
Hmm,I was sure I already commented on this and the next blog (re: black beans) but neither are showing up. Maybe I forgot "publicar" (you might get more followers if you change the prompts to 'ingles'!?) Back to 'su hogar' - these are nice photos of each wall in the apartment and downstairs neighbors/shops. (how 'bout a photo of the bakery offerings? still can't recall the name of those heart shaped pastries) Buen aproveche!
ResponderEliminarYay for finding a nice place to live that includes the nice roommate!! And a handy roommate at that! =0)
ResponderEliminarAs for white walls....they are fresh and clean and bright. We're all just a little color crazy up here on Greenbough. Alex just asked if he could have a 'very plain' white room and it caused me to pause and think...you mean, they sell white paint? Like, with NO color in it? LOL.
HA! I know, I'd honestly forgotten that some people still have white walls in their homes...I have a plan though...and it involves a lot of fabric and some creative means of adhering it to the wall :)
ResponderEliminar